1. The game will be called by the Umpire. All judgment decisions are final. Any excessive disagreements will result in an ejection from the game and/or tourney if deemed necessary by SM staff.
2. All kickers will get 3 legal rolls. A legal roll must be OF MODERATE SPEED (any rolled ball of excess speed will be a re-rolled) between the inside lines of the kicker boxes. Any roll that is not deemed legal will be re-rolled. No excessive bounces (Any rolled ball that bounces 12 inches from the ground between the pitching plate and home plate). ONLY WOMEN WILL BE ALLOWED TO BUNT, ANY MAN BUNTING THE BALL the play is dead, which will results in an out for the MALE Kicker, any base runners must return to last base occupied.
3. A kicker with two strikes must put the 3rd roll into play or be called out.
4. During the 3rd inning, runners will change directions and run from home to 3 rd, 2nd, 1st.
5. To get an out, a defensive player may attempt to throw the ball at the base runner. Should the ball make contact with the runner, for any reason while the runner is not on the base the runner is out . Any contact above the shoulders will result in an automatic homerun.
6. All games are six innings or 50 minutes. The Umpire will enforce this rule and will make the call at the top of the final inning. Note: Due to differing circumstances in each and every game, some games will finish short of the time while others might run past the time. Please respect your Umpires call in this matter. He must keep all games on time in fairness to teams playing later hours due to facility restrictions. If the game is tied after six innings or when the last inning is completed due to time the ITB (International Tie Breaker) Rule will be in effect. The last Kicker from the previous inning will begin on second base, and the Kicker will receive ONE LEGAL ROLL TO PUT INTO PLAY. An OUT WILL BE CALLED should the ball be kicked foul, or the Kicker does not kick a legal roll. This will occur until a tie is broken.
7. 9 players (at least 3 females) in the field at all times ( THERE MUST BE AT LEAST 1 FEMALE IN THE OUTFIELD & 1 FEMALE IN THE INFIELD). The CATCHER IS NOT CONSIDERED AS A FIELDER when applying this rule . SM rules will allow a team to play with a minimum of 8 players (at least 2 females). If a team has less than the minimum required number of players it is up to the opponent and/or Umpire or SM Staff member as to what is allowable.
8. Teams may kick more than 9 players and do NOT have to go guy/girl.
9. Inning Run Limit Rule: Unlimited runs may be scored each inning. Game mercy rule: 10 runs up after 4 complete innings.
10. No leadoffs or stealing. Runners can leave the base once the ball crosses the plane of the plate or is hit kicked by the kicker. If a runner leaves early, the ball is dead and the runner is declared out. If this is the 3 rd out of the inning, the kicker will be first up in the next inning.
11. Games start on time!!! Teams must be prepared to play. Forfeit Rule: 5 minutes after game time. If one team has less than the minimum number of players (8 total w/ 2 females) at five past the designated start time, it is up to the Umpire/SM Staff and opposing team as to what is allowable. The SM Staff member will ultimately make this decision.
12. The Umpire will closely watch base runner to defensive player contact. Any excessive contact or collision will result in an out and/or ejection. This includes contact with the catcher. Sliding is allowed. Any sliding into a base to break up a double play, or any intentional (in the eyes of the umpire) interference with the defensive player, the runner and kicker/runner will be called out.
13. NO METAL SPIKES ARE ALLOWED. Any equipment in question should be brought to the attention of the umpire. The umpire or SM Staff member will make all final decisions with regard to equipment discrepancies.
14. A foul ball above the kickers head may be caught for an out.
15. All thrown balls are deemed out of play when:
The ball is thrown over the fence
The ball is thrown beyond the fence (no complete fence)
The ball is thrown beyond the imaginary line (if there is no fence) extending from the end of the backstop (*this imaginary line also applies to overthrows and caught foul balls)
16. If the ball is overthrown and hits the fence behind the 1 st or 3rd base lines, this is NOT considered out of play and the runner may advance, BUT at his/her own risk. On overthrows out of play, the runner is granted the base he/she is going to (at the point of the throw) plus one more. Note: in cases where a base runner runs past first base, he/she must make a clearly aggressive turn towards second base to be granted 2 nd and 3rd in an overthrow
17. On an infield fly (any fly ball within the infield with significant arc and deemed an easy catch) with less than 2 outs and runners on 1 st and 2nd or 1st, 2nd and 3rd, the kicker is automatically out and runners can advance, BUT at their own risk.
18. There can not be more than 7 players on the infield at any one time. When a female is kicking any infielder (including but not limited to the pitcher) MUST REMAIN BEHIND AN IMAGINARY LINE that runs (diagonally thru the infield) from 1 st base to 3rd base. The Penalty for this rule infraction will be a dead ball and the Kicker is awarded 1 st base and all subsequent runners will be award the next base if forced.
19. Tourney rosters must be turned in before your second game. (Players will only be added after the second game for the purposes of a substitution due to an injury or other extreme circumstance as deemed acceptable by the SM Staff).
20. HAVE FUN!!!!